Welcome to PIVOT. What I’ve observed in widowhood is how many women feel their life is spinning out of control on many levels. Maybe, what is happening is very uncertain. Yet, still hopeful you will find solid ground, alignment and connection which brings both peace and confidence in their thoughts and actions. SIMPLE PIVOTS in mindset is what is needed right now. Widowhood is chaotic; it is confusing, like nothing like any other experience. When you find how strong your center axis really is, you will feel solid and strong in your decisions and grow from this time in your life. I’m honored to share what I’ve learned in the last few decades of doing this for myself and for thousands of other widows. It's an honor to bring light back into your life, so you may honor the love you've been giving to carry forward. Thank you. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to talk with me about if this is the right fit for you (before December 15th).
- "We were all looking for something positive to grab onto" - Diane B
- "PIVOT opened my eyes to what I couldn't see in early widowhood that I needed"- Pam K
- "This program is the next growth step, I've been with Modern Widows Club for six years, and I needed to step into something that put me first"- Jessica S
- "I'm a different person now, I used to have low self-esteem, but now, my heart is lighter and my bubbly self is back. Thank you"- Ashley J
- "PIVOT has opened up a whole new world to me. New opportunities and resources that I hadn't known existed. It's okay to be happy and I'm finding more of who I am. Someone who is living my life through my heart and not my head"- Terri W
- "Carolyn is such a calming and reassuring person and such a wonderful asset and friend to help so many ladies through this time. One of my biggest takeaways was knowing where to find the resources to help myself and other widows in my community. I would highly recommend the PIVOT program to widows at any stage. There is so much more life and love to give. Life doesn’t have to stop with the death of our loved one. Let this great organization help guide you through widowhood.”
– Kelli L., BSN, RN
- "I loved being a part of the PIVOT program because of the support and developing a relationship that fosters healing from Carolyn and my other group members. The ability to have one-on-one teaching and guidance from someone who knows widows, has a heart for widows and has the knowledge and education to support and make a difference in the lives of widows is incredibly impactful. – Alicia M
- I would recommend PIVOT to any widow! PIVOT taught me that resiliency is a skill we can learn and develop, not just a trait we possess. Happiness can happen again after loss, and the development of resilient skills is key in this process. PIVOT teaches you the skills you need to develop resiliency! And Carolyn is wonderful with a contagious heart for
healing that will undoubtedly inspire your journey
through the program!”
– Katie S.
- “Being involved in PIVOT with Carolyn and MWC gave me the support and resources to find my new self after my husband passed away. I was able to realize that there was a future for me, rather than “What happens now?” – Rose P
- It made me understand the importance of taking care of myself physically, mentally and spiritually. This, in turn, enabled me to PIVOT forward into a life with a new sense of self with my “new normal.” – Windy K
- I would encourage all Wisters who are trying to move forward with their “new normal” to consider PIVOT. It gave me the confidence and clarity to step into a future that I did not ask for, as we Wisters well know. Thank you, Carolyn and MWC!”
– Beth P
- I am pivoting. I am standing in my power, and I know it is because I took the time to do the work inspired by PIVOT. Take the time, use the MWC resources and PIVOT.
- P- Plug into Life
- I- If You Don't Go, You Will Never Know
- V- Value Your New Self
- O- Own Your Passions
- T- Take Steps Forward - Diane B
Please reach out to email@example.com if you'd like to talk with me about if this is the right fit for you (before December 15th).
Each month there will be a total of 3 – 90 minute calls LIVE- First Tuesday 8pm EST, Second Thursday 8pm EST and Third Saturday 12pm EST. *Note: All Recordings Available
-One inspirational session with Carolyn
-One with Featured Expert includes Q&A
-One live Q&A sharing session with Carolyn
Bonus: Private FB page
Bonus: Two pre-program assessments
Bonus: Access to Carolyn’s private resource library
Canadian widow, 60’s with 3 grown sons, financially secure, retired, looking for a spiritual direction, available via virtual avenues. Not dating and family is supportive. "Who am I now?" Sudden death.
U.S. widow, Midwest, young mom in her early 40’s with 4 children under 10yrs. Looking to find her voice and place where she belongs. Didn’t work for two years. "I have started dating and am feeling anxiety in this world". Accidental death.
U.S. widow, NE, in her 30’s, no children, very busy at work. "I want to move forward without guilt" Suicide death.
U.S. widow, Midwest, in her 50’s, a nurse in a rural town, no children. "My small town has nothing for widows, I need to find my tribe" Anticipated death.
U.S. widow, north, in her 40’s with 2 special needs kids, caring for an elderly mother, works full time and is tired, but wants to find purpose. "My self-care is so important. I want to love myself like my husband did" Anticipated death.
U.S. widow, West, in her 50’s with a college aged son, transitioning work careers, dating again. "Being a role model of resilience for my son is needed" Sudden death.
U.S. South, two grown kids, school teacher, looking for emotional, financial and spiritual health, married 32 years "I don't want to feel sad inside anymore" Sudden heart attack.
January Guest Speaker: Christina Rasmussen, Author of Seconds Firsts and Life Reentry Program. She will inspire you to connect with your loved ones, face both emotional and mental conditioning and praise you for all the work you are doing to not stay in the 'waiting room'.
February Guest Speaker: Dr. Marissa Magsino, Internal Medicine & Functional Medicine Physician and Wister. Modern Widows Club Wellness & Health Ambassador. Author of Mindset Shift, she's been a 2x Widow Empowerment Speaker on important topics of hormone imbalance, alternative treatments for grief and pain, and sexual health in widowhood.
March Guest Speaker: Megan Kopka, Certified Financial Planner, Megan takes a holistic approach to your finances. Speaker at many MWC webinars and advocate for widows at financial planning seminars.
April Guest Speaker: Michele Grace Lessirard, Interior Designer, Interfaith Minister, WayMaker, Shamanic Astrologer and Doodler. Michele will share teachings and knowledge on soul loss and retrieval.
May Guest Speaker: Juliette Brisman, MA, LMFT is a Marriage and Family Therapist. Author of A Heart Returned: Memoir of a 9/11 Widow. It recounts the true and remarkable story of how her husband Mark's wedding band was recovered and returned in 2004. Juliette writes with the unique perspective of being both a widow, trained therapist and bereavement counselor.
June Guest Speaker: Dr. Linda Shanti McCabe, Author of After Your Person Dies: Affirmations for Grief, Making Meaning and Going On.
YES, these will all be recorded and posted!
Carolyn Moor founded the nonprofit Modern Widows Club in 2011. A powerhouse speaker with an emerging voice in education, awareness and advocacy for women's health in widowhood. She's spearheading and inspiring a new generation of widows to become mentors, leaders and advocates to make a positive impact on communities globally. Her new book INSPIRE CONNECT LEAD: Empowering Your Widow Mentoring & Leadership Gifts can be found where books are sold.
Currently, she's the curriculum creator at Widow Empowerment School of Thought (WESOT) e-courses, develops Modern Widows Club Annual Widow Empowerment Events (Virtual & In Person), hosts the podcast HEALTHY WIDOW HEALTHY WOMAN, writing two books ‘Legendary Widows' and ‘Revolutionizing Widowhood: Our Last Social Crisis of Significance’ and pioneering the future vision for the healthy modern widow pathway forward worldwide.
Her interests include humanitarian work, SUP, travel, vintage cars, interior design and architecture. Her passion is serving others in finding their own unique purpose by embracing both faith and action.
Studied at Pace University, Communication Studies, Stanford University Studies in International Women's Health and Human Rights, and STLCC Meramec, Interior Design.
Is this course for new widows?
This course is for all widows looking for hope, healing, growth and to lead their new life in in widowhood with a healthy mindset as she moves forward. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to talk with Carolyn about if this is the right fit for you (before December 15).
Does it matter what age I am?
It doesn't. We welcome widows of all ages and that is part of the beauty of this course. It was created by widows from many ages, backgrounds and life experiences.
How long will this course take me?
Because we know widows are busy women, we created this program to be recorded if you miss a session for your convenience to watch later. You will have access to all content when you need it to watch over and over if need be.
What will I learn in at WESOT?
You will learn that self care and a healthy pathway forward focused on our 7 pillars of healthy widowhood matters. We believe when widows are supported, nurtured, respected and loved, they naturally are empowered to thrive. From our years of surveying thousands of widows, we saw that they were seeking hope, healing, growth and to lead their life with more confidence. This gives them the resilient opportunity to make solid and knowledgable decisions going forward which encourages them to find both purpose and meaning after loss.